Karine Allouche Salanon
Vegan gluten free ROTI
If you need to substitute bread for something more healthy and substantial, we try to create a gluten free version of a roti, flatbread or naan depending on your use. We hope you enjoy it so much and discover a new option for a dish that is local and organic. You can create so many different meals with the same base: Breadfruit 🍈.
2 cups Breadfruit all-purpose mix
¼ cup chickpea flour
½ cup corn starch
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp yuca starch
½ tsp salt
¼ cup coconut oil
1 ¼ cup water
1. Mix the dry ingredients
2. Add the coconut oil and 1 cup of water and mix thoroughly until having an homogeneous dough. Add the rest of the water in small amounts until the dough can be mold into a ball and is easy to manage by hand
3. Heat a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and grease with some coconut oil
4. Separate the dough into 12 portions and one by one form into a flat roti with help of your hands or a tortilla maker
4. Set the flattened rotis on the skillet and let cook for 2 to 3 minutes, flip and finish cooking on the other face.
5. Serve with your favorite meal, either on breakfast, lunch or dinner
Contributed by Maria Santiago check her stand on HELPCA Costa Ballena.